To ensure lessons are learned beyond this project, we create resources and publish in scientific journals to provide researchers and practitioners access to information that can help improve school safety:
- SCSS Model Introductory One-Pager (PDF )
- SCSS Model Graphic (PDF )
- Top 10 Recommendations for School Safety (PDF )
- Colorado Attorney General’s School Safety Guide (PDF )
- Kingston, Beverly & Wilensky, Rona (2018). Building Adult Social and Emotional Capacity: A Key Ingredient for Unleashing the Power of Prevention. Journal of the Society for Social Work and Research, 9(4):783-797.
- Kingston, Beverly, Arredondo Mattson, Sabrina, Dymnicki, Allison, Spier, Elizabeth, Shipman, Kimberly, Fitzgerald, Monica, Goodrum, Sarah, Woodward, William, Witt, Jody, Hill, Karl, Elliott, Delbert. Building Schools’ Readiness to Implement a Comprehensive Approach to School Safety (2018) . Clinical Child and Family Psychology Review, 21(4):433-449.
- Goodrum, S., Evans, M.K., Thompson, A.J., & Woodward, W. (2019). Learning from a Failure of Threat Assessment: Eleven Questions and Not Enough Answers. Behavioral Sciences & the Law, 1-19. DOI: 10.1002/bsl.2399
- Goodrum, S., Thompson, A.J., Ward, K. & Woodward, W. (2018). A case study on threat assessment: Learning critical lessons to prevent school violence. Journal of Threat Assessment and Management, 5(3), 121-136.
- Goodrum, S., Woodward, W. & Thompson, A.J. (2017). Sharing Information to Promote a Culture of Safety. NASSP Bulletin 101(3): 215-240.
- Goodrum, S., & Woodward, W. (2016). Report on the Arapahoe High School shooting: lessons learned on information sharing, threat assessment, and systems integrity. Denver: Denver Foundation. An executive summary of the report and supporting documents are available.